Are you struggling with symptoms of PTSD?
If you have suffered a traumatic or stressful event recently, or at any time in your life and are:
- Having trouble functioning at home or work
- Experiencing terrifying memories or flashbacks of the event(s)
- Avoiding things and places that remind you of the trauma
- Emotionally numb and disconnected from others
- Unable to trust others.
- Feel like you are always on high alert, waiting for the next dreadful thing to happen
- Suffering from severe fear, anxiety, or depression
- Burdened with guilt or self-blame about the trauma
Then it is imperative that you seek help as you may be suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or having trauma reactions. To schedule an appointment, call our office (248) 563-0587 or complete our appointment request form.
You may be wondering if you have ever experienced a Traumatic Event
Examples of traumatic events can include:
- Sudden or violent death of a loved one
- Being the victim of a crime like rape, burglary, breaking and entering.
- Verbal, physical, or sexual abuse
- Car accident
- A natural disaster
- Discovery of a life-threatening illness.
- Witnessing a traumatic event
Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a response to chronic or repeated traumatic events over the course of months or years. Often this will take place within a family or intimate relationship. Typically, but not always, occurring in childhood, it impacts psychological and neurological development. Examples include repeated emotional, sexual, or physical child abuse, abandonment, and domestic violence.
Symptoms of CPTSD include :
- Emotional flashbacks
- Toxic shame,
- A vicious inner critic
- Social anxiety