Substance Abuse Treatment
- Is your alcohol or drug use causing you problems at home or work?
- Has your drinking led to a DUI and costly legal fees?
- Do you suspect your alcohol or drug use is related to past traumas you experienced?
- Are you drinking to manage anxiety, depression or stress?
- Do you drink to quiet your mind?
- Has your spouse, other family members or friends expressed concern or asked you to get help for your alcohol or drug use?
- Have you recently started your recovery and would like additional help as you rebuild your life?
If you suspect you have a problem with alcohol, marijuana or other drugs that is harming you and the people you love, there is help. You may feel guilt or shame making it difficult to reach out for help. Our team of therapists provides substance abuse counseling in a confidential and therapeutic environment where you are treated with dignity and compassion so you can feel safe to discuss your concerns.
Treatment consists of examining emotional triggers from the past and present that reinforce your use of drugs or alcohol and developing healthy coping skills to find ways to deal with these triggers.
Research has shown that there is a strong correlation between unresolved traumatic life events, such as childhood abuse or neglect, and alcohol and substance abuse. If there is trauma in your past that predates your use of drugs/alcohol or trauma that occurred because of the alcohol/drug use, it is important to heal from that trauma as part of your treatment and preventing relapse. This is a pivotal part of releasing the guilt, shame and regret that often perpetuate the alcohol/drug use.
Do not suffer alone, there is help that will allow you to heal and restore you to a life full of purpose, joy and connection.